As an essential health care provider, HillsidesCares remains open during the Coronavirus pandemic to provide lifesaving mental health treatment and support for struggling children, youth, and families. We have adapted our services and are vigilantly following all COVID safety and infection-control guidelines outlined by public health officials.
As the cases of COVID variants rise or fall, our team will ensure that you have the latest COVID-19 updates so that you are on the same page as our team of dynamic experts. Whenever you have questions about COVID-19 updates, please feel free to contact our HillsidesCares team by calling 323.641.4842 or completing our online form.
Safety and Infection-Control Guidelines
At HillsidesCares, our top priority is always the safety of our clients and their families. As a result, we stress COVID safety in every aspect of our programs, services, and facilities. Because it can be highly contagious, it is of the utmost importance that we protect our clients as well as we can from the COVID-19 virus.
Some of the measures that our team has taken to protect our clients from COVID-19 include:
- Sanitizing each facility to strict hygiene standards
- Requiring new clients to test negative for COVID-19 or undergo a health screening
- Conducting frequent COVID screenings for all clients and staff
- Requiring social distancing at all times
- We require masks/facial coverings at all times
- Regular staff safety training, including COVID-19 updates
- Shifting family therapy, family visits, and certain therapies to online platforms
- Moving non-essential activity off campus
As the Coronavirus mutates and changes, our HillsidesCares team will continue to keep you, your child, and your family in the loop with our COVID-19 updates. If necessary, we can shift family therapy, family visits, and certain therapies to online platforms when appropriate for COVID-19 safety concerns.
As we navigate this stressful time, we strive to strike a balance between effectively treating our clients’ mental health needs while simultaneously addressing the concerns about their physical health and safety.
The pandemic has disrupted many of the foundations that assure children’s mental health and wellbeing. Fear and anxiety about COVID-19 and public health precautions, such as social distancing, can be overwhelming for children and youth, particularly those already struggling with mental health conditions. That’s why it is essential for our clients to continue their progress in our programs, whether there is a pandemic or not.
Programs at HillsidesCares
Because our clients still require our programs, we will continue these essential programs despite the pandemic.
The services that we offer include:
- Education – At HillsidesCares, our team will help our clients reach their educational goals if and when they are ready to bring attention back to their education.
- Residential – Our residential program is staffed by experienced and supportive professionals with 24/7 care. We provide a safe treatment environment with evidence-based services tailored by disorder type and severity.
- Aftercare – HillsidesCares uses a collaborative aftercare planning process that ensures that we continue care for the client even after discharge and that there is a seamless transition from our program to the client’s everyday life.
- Family – We believe it is vital for parents and families to have the best resources and support to accommodate their youth’s mental health needs. So, we provide those resources to parents, families, and the rest of the client’s support system weekly.
Trust Our HillsidesCares Team for COVID-19 Safety
The truth is that mental health disorders do not stop because an infectious virus is locking down states around the country. Children and adolescents still need to receive the same quality mental health treatment that they have always received. That’s why our HillsidesCares team takes COVID safety so seriously. We recognize that when families trust us with their children, we are responsible for their safety above all else. As a result, our team has taken all the safety precautions possible to ensure that our clients are as safe from COVID as possible. Learn more about our COVID-19 updates or COVID safety measures by calling us at 323.641.4842 or completing our online contact form.