Children and adolescents also struggle with mental health. They may have negative core beliefs about themselves, face difficulties in high school, or go through other challenging issues. Cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT) can help them improve communication skills, develop healthy coping mechanisms and encourage a positive outlook. If your child is having a hard time, reach out to HillsidesCares’s behavioral health services in Los Angeles for prompt treatment.
HillsidesCares trains children and adolescents to be more resilient, independent, and self-aware. As part of our cognitive-behavioral therapy program in Los Angeles, CA, we offer an uplifting and nurturing environment for the youth to heal and discover their highest potential. To know more about our personalized programs and behavioral therapy for teens, contact us at 323.641.4842.
Why We Offer Behavioral Therapy for Teens and Children
Cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT) is based on the premise that there is a direct link between thoughts and actions. Thus, by identifying negative beliefs and replacing them with more positive thoughts, one can change their behavior for the better. CBT has been proven helpful in treating depression, anxiety, trauma, and substance use disorders.
At our beautiful 17-acre campus in Pasadena, we offer behavioral therapy for teens for the following reasons:
- Teenagers often struggle with low self-esteem and negative thoughts about themselves. CBT can improve their self-worth, fill them with confidence and teach them to be kind to themselves.
- Many children have bouts of sadness and hopelessness, losing interest in school and hobbies. Therapy can diagnose the early signs of depression and offer valuable resources.
- CBT can help identify and reduce toxic thought patterns, replacing them with positive and healthy habits in the long run.
- Children and adolescents often have difficulties expressing their needs clearly. CBT can help them improve their communication skills and develop better interpersonal relationships.
- CBT teaches them how to proactively and productively handle stressful or challenging situations.
Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy Program Treatments
Individual TherapyThe therapist works one-on-one with the youth to understand their unique experiences, challenges, and needs. The therapist will develop a personalized treatment plan based on these insights.
Family TherapyFamily therapy session involves the youth and their loved ones. It is an opportunity for the family to openly communicate about their challenges, learn new coping mechanisms and work together to support the client’s recovery.
Group TherapyGroup therapy provides a supportive environment where clients can share their experiences with other individuals facing similar challenges. These sessions foster community and belonging, helping clients feel less alone.
Aggression Replacement TrainingThis treatment helps children and adolescents who have difficulty controlling their anger. It teaches them how to manage their anger constructively.
Our Treatment Center in Los Angeles, CA
We offer a dedicated cognitive-behavioral therapy program for the youth in Los Angeles, CA. Enrolling your child in any of our programs offers several unique benefits, such as the following:
- Early intervention: We believe prevention is better than cure and that by commencing treatment early, we can help the youth build a happier and more beautiful future for themselves. Unlike other facilities that will not treat children until they are twelve, we treat everyone from six to seventeen years at our youth-focused facility.
- Evidence-based therapies: Since every child has unique needs, we offer a variety of evidence-based therapies, including CBT, to help them.
- Queer-friendly clinic: We understand children from the queer community or marginalized backgrounds face additional difficulties. As an LGBTQ+-friendly center, we offer a safe and supportive space for the youth.
- Multi-family programming: We also offer family counseling sessions and train loved ones to play an active role in the child’s healing and become a robust support system.
- Aftercare: We ensure a seamless transition to reconnecting with the community after finishing treatment. We connect the youth with wellness and support groups so that they remember to take care of their mental health as they go back to everyday life.
Help Your Child Thrive at HillsidesCares
At HillsidesCares, your child’s mental health is paramount to us. Following a thorough psychological diagnosis, we formulate a specialized treatment plan designed to help them recover and prosper in life. Along with our customizable residential and outpatient programs, we offer a variety of youth-centric resources and services to help our clients thrive.
Please don’t neglect your child’s emotional well-being until it is too late. Call us at 323.641.4842 and schedule an appointment today.