The key to any effective mental health treatment plan is differing levels of treatment. Just as each person is unique, their treatment plans should be unique as well. That’s why it is crucial for mental health treatment centers to provide a wide array of mental health treatment options.
At HillsidesCares, our team of professionals offers a continuum of care to meet the needs of adolescents and children. One of the options at HillsidesCares provides is our adolescent partial hospitalization program (PHP). If you are interested in a partial hospitalization program in California for your child, reach out to our team today by calling 323.316.9830 or completing our online contact form. Our PHP in Pasadena, CA, may be just what your loved one needs to feel confident and content.
What Is a Partial Hospitalization Program?
At HillsidesCares, our partial hospitalization program is geared towards children and adolescents who may be experiencing significant mental health concerns or may be struggling with their engagement in school. The program allows children to live at home while still receiving support and treatment during the day. Our PHP consists of a wide range of services including individual, group, and family therapy sessions, in addition to a variety of groups such as DBT skills and wellness groups.
Other features of the adolescent partial hospitalization program at HillsidesCares include:
- Outpatient services are provided 5 days a week 5 hours a day.
- In our adolescent partial hospitalization program, there are less frequent psychiatry services than a residential program.
- Clients go home to their families at night but spend the entire day on our campus immersed in our clinical programming.
- Family therapy services are also provided.
- Dialectical behavior therapy (DBT) is a cognitive-behavioral treatment, which research shows is effective in treating a wide range of mental health disorders. DBT focuses on enhancing a client’s capabilities through developing behavioral skills, enhancing motivation, and effective coping strategies to specific challenges and emotions.
- Other aspects of our partial hospitalization program include snacks, dinner, therapeutic art, mindfulness training, distress tolerance lessons, and medical check-ins.
What Are the Benefits of Partial Hospitalization Program?
Once a family and our team decide that a partial hospitalization program is the right path for a child, the recovery process can begin. Usually, a child or adolescent will begin to experience the benefits of a partial hospitalization program almost immediately.
Some of the benefits of HillsidesCares’ partial hospitalization program include:
- One of the main benefits of our PHP is that our clients typically feel an enhanced sense of self-esteem. Children and adolescents want to feel secure with who they are and what they’re capable of, and our team of therapists and mental health professionals will help build or rebuild a child’s self-worth.
- Our adolescent partial hospitalization program also provides structure that helps children embrace a daily routine. Often, children and adolescents struggle when they don’t have the comfort of knowing what to expect from their day. Our PHP gives the safety and predictability of a set schedule.
- When a child or adolescent is having difficulty with a mental health disorder or substance use disorder, relationships with family members are often damaged or even destroyed. At HillsidesCares, family therapy sessions are a crucial part of our partial hospitalization program. Our team believes that these relationships strengthen and improve children’s mental and emotional well-being.
Your child may experience many additional benefits if they are enrolled in our HillsidesCares’ partial hospitalization program.
Help Your Child to Heal with a PHP at HillsidesCares
When your child or adolescent is battling a mental health disorder, substance use disorder, or both, professional treatment is often the best choice for their psychological and physical health. Our HillsidesCares team provides programs and services specifically designed for children and adolescents, including our partial hospitalization program. Learn more about our adolescent partial hospitalization program or our other programs today by calling our team at 323.316.9830 or completing our secure online form. Our HillsidesCares team is ready to help your child, but the first step is up to you.
Contact HillsidesCares today.