A depression disorder can affect anyone, even children. During childhood or teenage years, an individual may experience a wide spectrum of emotions, including happiness, sadness, rage, regret, etc. Occasionally, they may get overwhelmed by life’s challenges and sink into a deep melancholy. An adolescent depression treatment program can help the youth manage difficult emotions, address unresolved trauma and live a productive life. If your child is showing symptoms of depression disorder, reach out to HillsidesCares to better understand our personalized mental health services for teens and children.
With changes in our modern lifestyle, children and adolescents are particularly vulnerable to depression disorder. They may be unable to cope with their parent’s expectations, be stressed by academics, or have other difficulties in their day-to-day lives. Depression treatment for teens and children can help them find the root cause of their sadness and teach them vital life skills. To know more about our children and adolescent depression treatment program in Los Angeles, CA, call us at 323.641.4842.
Why We Offer Depression Treatment for Teens and Children
At HillsidesCares, we firmly believe that every life matters. Children and teens often face unique issues during their growing up years which are very different from adults, and as a result, need special attention. In a time of crisis, you can count on us to guide your child on the road to recovery, empowering them with positivity and resilience.
We offer a customizable adolescent depression treatment in Los Angeles, CA, for the following reasons:
- The youth’s struggles differ from adults and working professionals; hence, they require specialized evidence-based therapies and emotional support.
- We believe that early intervention is the best policy and treat children as young as six years at our clinic. Early intervention minimizes the chances of developing co-occurring disorders later in life and prepares them to be mature and responsible adults.
- Children from marginalized backgrounds or the queer community often do not have a safe space to share their turbulent thoughts and emotions. We offer a space of healing, community, and other vital resources.
Our Adolescent Depression Treatment Program in Los Angeles, CA
If you feel your child suffers from a depressive disorder or seems sadder and demotivated than usual, reach out to a healthcare provider for a mental health check-up. By diagnosing depression disorder early and commencing treatment, your child can build a happier and more successful future.
Enrolling your child in our adolescent depression treatment program in Los Angeles, CA, offers several unique benefits, including the following:
- Early intervention – Unlike other facilities, we treat children and adolescents aged six to seventeen. While most clinics may not enroll a child younger than twelve, we believe that the sooner they receive comprehensive care and treatment, the better.
- Self-harm and prevention services – If your child is harming themselves, it’s vital to seek professional help right away. Our team of experts can prevent self-harm behaviors and develop a personalized safety plan for your child.
- Exposure therapy – We provide safe and controlled exposure to the things that trigger your child’s anxiety. With the help of a trained therapist, they will be able to face their fears head-on.
- Family education – We closely work with the client’s family, educating them on mental illness and training them to provide active support for their offspring.
- Trauma-informed care – As a trauma-informed organization, we treat every client with kindness, empathy, and compassion, gently guiding them on the road to recovery.
- LGBTQ-friendly – As a queer-friendly space, we ensure no child faces any discrimination of any kind and address any difficulties they may face due to their identity, orientation, and background.
- Aftercare – After residential treatment, adjusting to normal life can be difficult. Our aftercare program ensures a seamless transition to the community and helps the youth access ongoing support and other resources.
Find Hope and Healing at HillsidesCares
At HillsidesCares, we are committed to helping children heal from different mental health issues and rebuild happier futures for themselves. Be it depression, bipolar disorder, or anger management issues, our expert doctors and therapists will find practical solutions and instill the youth with confidence and optimism.
If you’re worried about your child’s well-being, contact HillsidesCares at 323.641.4842 today.