When some people think of mental health treatment, they may think of a person staying at a treatment center twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week. While this may be true in some cases, the truth is that an effective mental health treatment center will have different levels of care to fit the client’s individual needs. A wide range of treatment options is especially necessary when the people receiving mental health treatment are children or adolescents.
At HillsidesCares, our integrated team of experts is dedicated to helping children and adolescents achieve positive changes in their lives. If you are the parent or guardian of a child or adolescent that may benefit from progressive and comprehensive mental health treatment, we can help. HillsidesCares provides treatment program options, including our intensive outpatient program. Our team invites you to contact us today by calling 323.316.9830 or completing our online form to learn more about our programs, services, and our gorgeous campus in Los Angeles.
Intensive Outpatient Program Defined
An intensive outpatient program (IOP) provides intensive mental health treatment with a more flexible schedule than other programs. Clients in this program work on recovery skills while spending more time at home than in our partial hospitalization program. Typically, children and adolescents in our IOP receive outpatient services three days a week, usually from 9 AM-2 PM.
If you’re unsure if our IOP is right for your child, don’t worry. Our team will collaborate with you, your child, and your family to ensure that your child receives the precise level of care that is best for their future success. In some cases, that may mean our IOP is best. In other cases, it may not. Our HillsidesCares team uses the child as a compass to guide which level of care would be best.
Services at HillsidesCares
At HillsidesCares, our intensive outpatient program in California gives children and adolescents the support and guidance they need to succeed. However, an intensive outpatient program may not be effective on its own. That’s why our team provides services that are supplemental components to our IOP in Pasadena, CA.
Our services include:
- Education – We have educational instructors, a classroom space, and case managers to help facilitate assignments with the school ready to help assist our clients to make the transition back to schoolwork when they are ready.
- Aftercare – At HillsidesCares, we want to ensure that we continue care for the client even after discharge and that there is a seamless transition from our program to the client’s everyday life. If necessary, our team will link our clients to other outpatient programs and connect them with wellness or other support groups to ensure mental health is prioritized after the program.
- Family services – Partnering with families throughout the treatment process will enable a more comprehensive and long-lasting solution for the client’s mental health. Our team believes it is essential for parents to have the resources and support to best accommodate their youth’s mental health needs, so we will give those resources to parents, families, and the rest of the client’s support system weekly.
- Services are provided 3 days a week 3 hours a day
- In our adolescent intensive outpatient program, there are less frequent psychiatry services than a residential program
- Clients feel an enhanced sense of self-esteem
- Provides clients with an enhanced daily routine
Help Your Child Get on the Right Track with HillsidesCares’s IOP
As a parent, you want the best for your child. So, when you recognize that your child or adolescent may need more support than you and a traditional school environment can offer, reach out to HillsidesCares. Parents and families can depend on our experienced team for programs that improve children’s lives, including our intensive outpatient program. Learn more by calling our team today at 323.316.9830 or completing our online contact form. Take the first step today to helping your child achieve their academic and social goals by contacting our HillsidesCares team.