When some people think of mental health treatment, they may think of a person staying at a treatment center 24 hours a day, seven days a week. While this may be true in some cases, the truth is that an effective mental health treatment center will have different levels of care to fit the client’s individual needs. A wide range of treatment options is essential when the people receiving mental health treatment are children or adolescents.
At HillsidesCares, our integrated team of experts is dedicated to helping children and adolescents achieve positive life changes. If you are the parent or guardian of a child or adolescent that may benefit from progressive and comprehensive mental health treatment, we can help. HillsidesCares provides treatment program options, including our mental health treatment for teens. Our team invites you to contact us today by calling 323.641.4842 or completing our online form to learn more about our programs, services, and our gorgeous campus in Los Angeles.
Intensive Outpatient Program for Your Child
An intensive outpatient program (IOP) provides intensive mental health treatment with a more flexible schedule than other programs. Clients in this program work on recovery skills while spending more time at home than in our partial hospitalization program. Typically, children and adolescents in our IOP receive outpatient services three days a week.
If you’re unsure if our intensive outpatient program in Los Angeles, CA, is right for your child, don’t worry. Our team will collaborate with you, your child, and your family to ensure that your child receives the precise level of care best for their future success. In some cases, that may mean our IOP is a suitable option. In other cases, it may not. Our HillsidesCares team uses the child as a compass to guide the best care level.
What Happens in Outpatient Treatment?
In outpatient treatment, your child will participate in various activities to help them recover from mental health issues and develop skills to manage their mental health. These activities may include:
- Group therapy
- Family therapy
- Skill building
Our outpatient treatment program is highly individualized because we understand that no two children are alike. Your child’s outpatient treatment plan will be tailored to their specific needs with the goal of helping them develop skills to manage their mental health and build a foundation for a successful future.
Outpatient treatment is mental health care that allows your child to receive care while still living at home and attending school. This type of treatment typically involves meeting with a therapist one or more times per week. The therapist will work with your child to help them understand and cope with their feelings. In addition, they may also provide you with tips and guidance on how to best support your child.
Outpatient treatment can effectively help your child manage their mental health and provide you with the tools you need to support them. If you are concerned about your child’s mental health, talk to their doctor about whether outpatient treatment might be right for them.
Services at HillsidesCares
- Education – Our team believes that mental and behavioral health recovery should be prioritized when our clients enroll in our programs and services. We want to help our clients reach their educational goals if and when they are ready to bring attention back to their education and feel their mental health is at a point where school activities can resume.
- Aftercare – We want to ensure that we continue to care for the client even after discharge and that there is a seamless transition from our program to the client’s everyday life. If necessary, our team will link our clients to other outpatient programs and connect them with wellness or other support groups to ensure mental health is prioritized after the program.
- Family services – Partnering with families throughout the treatment process will enable a more comprehensive and long-lasting solution for the client’s mental health. Our team believes it is essential for parents to have the resources and support to best accommodate their youth’s mental health needs so we will give those resources to parents, families, and the rest of the client’s support system weekly.
- Services are provided three days a week, three hours a day
- There are less frequent psychiatry services than in a residential program
- Clients feel an enhanced sense of self-esteem
- Provides clients with an enhanced daily routine