When a child or adolescent struggles with a substance use disorder or mental health disorder, the focus tends to land squarely on the child. While a child dealing with these significant issues certainly deserves the best treatment available, the child’s family is often overlooked. If no positive changes are being made to the family dynamic, the home environment may not be a place of love and support.
Our team at HillsidesCares recognizes the importance of the involvement of an entire family in the mental health treatment of a child. That’s why we proudly provide adolescent and family behavioral health services at our Pasadena, CA, campus, which aims to make each family member an active participant in a child’s mental health treatment. If you are interested in learning more about how behavioral health treatment in California may help your entire family, contact our team today by calling 323.641.4842 or completing our convenient online form. Our admissions team can help you get started on the enrollment process right away.
Services We Offer
Our adolescent and family behavioral health services provide support and guidance not only for the client in treatment but for the entire family too. At HillsidesCares, our range of services is really what sets us apart from other mental health treatment providers.
The services that we offer include:
- Education – At HillsidesCares, our team will help our clients reach their educational goals if and when they are ready to bring attention back to their education, and they feel their mental health is at a point in which school activities can resume. Our educational services include an extensive library, computer lab, and one-on-one tutoring.
- Residential – Our residential program is staffed by experienced and supportive professionals with 24/7 care. We provide a safe treatment environment with evidence-based services tailored by disorder type and severity. The HillsidesCares residential program also includes assessment, crisis stabilization, and intensive interventions.
- Aftercare – HillsidesCares uses a collaborative aftercare planning process that ensures that we continue care for the client even after discharge and that there is a seamless transition from our program to the client’s everyday life. Also, our aftercare services connect clients with wellness or other support groups to ensure mental health still is prioritized after the program.
- Family – We believe it is vital for parents and families to have the resources and support to best accommodate their youth’s mental health needs. So, we provide those resources to parents, families, and the rest of the client’s support system weekly.
Programs We Offer
Typically, clients and their families experience many benefits of adolescent and family behavioral health services at HillsidesCares. But, these services are not the only components on our continuum of care. We also provide treatment programs to help children heal from mental health disorders and gain the skills necessary to live a successful life with these disorders.
Our programs include:
- Partial hospitalization program (PHP) – Clients in our partial hospitalization program will live at home and transition into their community but need additional support during the day through individual and group clinical therapy sessions.
- Intensive outpatient program (IOP) – Clients in this program work on recovery skills while spending more time at home than in a PHP program. Our IOP typically meets three days a week instead of five days a week in our PHP.