Children and adolescents excel when they feel secure in their family’s love and support, no matter their age. So, when this love and support is lacking, it can adversely affect children’s and adolescents’ mental health and well-being. Professional counseling from a team of highly trained experts is often the best method for restoring familial relationships and giving children and adolescents the security they need.
At HillsidesCares, we are a premier provider dedicated to improving the well-being and functioning of vulnerable youth and their families. One of the fundamental components of our continuum of care is our family counseling services. Family counseling solidifies the mental health treatment children and adolescents receive at HillsidesCares and is a crucial resource for achieving future success for our clients. Learn more about our adolescent treatment programs in Los Angeles by calling 323.641.4842 today.
Family Counseling at HillsidesCares
All our services at HillsidesCares focus on family preservation and family involvement in their child’s treatment plan. Partnering with families throughout the treatment plan will enable a more comprehensive and long-lasting solution for our client’s mental health. We believe it is essential for parents to have the resources and support to best accommodate their youth’s behavioral health needs, and we will provide the space to give those resources to parents, families, and the rest of the client’s support system weekly.
Benefits of Family Counseling
There are many benefits of counseling at HillsidesCares for the entire family. Our clients and their families work together towards the same goal: to repair family members’ relationships.
Some of the benefits of HillsidesCares’ family counseling include:
- Improving communication between family members
- Strengthening bonds among the family
- Building self-esteem and self-confidence for the client
- Increasing awareness of how one family member’s choices affect others
- Learning to identify unhealthy patterns of behavior
- Acquiring problem-solving skills
The bottom line is that family counseling at HillsidesCares is a critical component of proper mental health for clients and their families.
Additional Services at HillsidesCares
In addition to our family counseling services, we provide additional services to help our clients achieve their goals. Other services at HillsidesCares are:
- Educational services – When our clients enroll in our programs and services, our team believes that mental and behavioral health recovery should be prioritized. We want to help our clients reach their educational goals if and when they are ready to bring attention back to their education and feel their mental health is at a point where school activities can resume. Our team provides educational services, such as a full library, a computer lab, and one-on-one tutoring, once our clients are ready.
- Residential services – At HillsidesCares, we provide comprehensive residential mental health services for children and youth. Our staff provides 24/7 care, which creates a safe treatment environment with evidence-based services tailored by disorder type and severity.
- Aftercare – We want to ensure that we continue to care for the client even after discharge and that there is a seamless transition from our program to the client’s everyday life. Our aftercare program provided our clients the tools and continued support, even after completing their program with us.