Children and adolescents excel when they feel secure in their family’s love and support, no matter their age. So, when this love and support is lacking, it can adversely affect children’s and adolescents’ mental health and well-being. Professional counseling from a team of highly trained experts is often the best method for restoring familial relationships and giving children and adolescents the security they need.
At HillsidesCares, we are a premier provider dedicated to improving the well-being and functioning of vulnerable youth and their families. One of the fundamental components of our continuum of care is our family counseling services. Family counseling solidifies the mental health treatment children and adolescents receive at HillsidesCares and is a crucial resource for achieving future success for our clients. Learn more about our adolescent treatment services in Los Angeles by calling 323.641.4842 today.
Family Counseling at HillsidesCares
All our services at HillsidesCares focus on family preservation and family involvement in their child’s treatment plan. Partnering with families throughout the treatment plan will enable a more comprehensive and long-lasting solution for our client’s mental health. We believe it is essential for parents to have the resources and support to best accommodate their youth’s behavioral health needs. We will provide the space to give those resources to parents, families, and the rest of the client’s support system. Additionally, we offer weekly family counseling in multi-family therapy sessions that help engage families in a client’s treatment.
Benefits of Family Counseling
There are many benefits of counseling at HillsidesCares for the entire family. Our clients and their families work together towards the same goal: to repair family members’ relationships.
Some of the benefits of HillsidesCares’s family counseling include:
- Improving communication between family members
- Strengthening bonds among the family
- Building self-esteem and self-confidence for the client
- Increasing awareness of how one family member’s choices affect others
- Learning to identify unhealthy patterns of behavior
- Acquiring problem-solving skills
The bottom line is that family counseling at HillsidesCares is a critical component of proper mental health for clients and their families.
At HillsidesCares, we want to ensure families are an active part of their child’s treatment journey. We hold monthly educational parent nights to give parents and guardians the opportunity to connect and engage with our staff and other parents who are addressing similar issues. Topics at these parents support groups center around themes related to mental and behavioral health. Topics and guest speakers change month-to-month to provide parents and guardians with a robust experience as part of our programming.
Monthly Family Activities
- puppy party
- game truck
- holiday events
- monthly weekend programming
Additional Services at HillsidesCares
- Residential services – At HillsidesCares, we provide comprehensive residential mental health services for children and youth. Our staff provides 24/7 care, which creates a safe treatment environment with evidence-based services tailored by disorder type and severity.
- Aftercare – We want to ensure that we continue to care for the client even after discharge and that there is a seamless transition from our program to the client’s everyday life. Our aftercare program provided our clients the tools and continued support, even after completing their program with us.
Rebuild and Strengthen Relationships with
our Family Counseling Services
Children and adolescents should always feel like they have people in their corner, especially when working to improve their mental health. At HillsidesCares, our team is committed to strengthening families and transforming communities through quality comprehensive services and advocacy. We want all of our clients to feel they can depend on their families when the going gets tough, so we provide family therapy and counseling services to get the entire family on the same page. Learn more today by calling us at 323.641.4842 or completing our online contact form. Partner with HillsidesCares and explore how we can all help your child succeed.